Several people asked me last week about our weekly recap newsletters. Why talk personal? Why talk business? Why mix them in the same conversation? If you know me on any level, you know that JASE is my life and my life is JASE. For starters, the company name “JASE” comes from my two daughters’ initials, hence the all caps. Second, our personal lives are intimately intertwined with company business. No matter how large we have grown over the years (since 1997), JASE will always be a family business that cares about our clients and welcomes them as part of our family.
So there you go. That’s the reason we talk our complete world in the same conversation. It’s all the same–and it’s all good. Speaking of . . . have you stopped by the Studio for coffee or tea lately? We’re here all week so stop by. Let’s talk. If you can’t make it this week, be sure to tweet me here and let me know how things are going. I’m having a blast hearing from many of you.
Monday, April 13th
- Sometimes I feel like I preach this too much. But then questions come up and I feel like I don’t preach it enough. Content marketing is today’s SEO. I need to trademark that statement. Cameron worked a while on Monday on quality content marketing for several clients, including Gordy EyeCare of Phenix City, AL and also Janney Insurance Agency of Yorktown & Chesapeake, VA. A successful business on the Internet cannot have enough solid content on their blog, Facebook page, Twitter timeline, LinkedIn Company page, etc.
- The creative team worked through several new design comps for our Restaurant Marketing System. Good stuff. Man, really nice designs. Our kids rock!
- I followed up with my doctor on Monday afternoon checking blood pressure, sugar levels, cholesterol and all that cool stuff that’s going to keep me around for a while. I’ve promised my family that I’ll be here until at least 94 years old. And I intend to make good on that promise. When was the last time you had a thorough checkup?
- We delivered drafts of exterior door signage art to Karla at Hampton Mental Health Associates in Hampton, VA. Walt has done a really nice job with this overall brand makeover for the company.
- Our tech team continued working on two new apps for Todd at Williamsburg Coffee & Tea in Williamsburg, VA. I know that I brag on our creative team a lot, but our software engineers and data team are dynamite. Led by David, these guys are good!
Tuesday, April 14th
- I had to make another phone call to the billing department at Cox Business Services on Tuesday morning. These guys. I’m not sure about these guys. First they tried to bill us for a service call when their equipment failed outside of our building. Then they forgot to refund the charges. So I had to call them again to ask them to post the credit. Where is the competition? I detest that there is a monopoly in our area for this tech service for small business. Okay, I’m off my soapbox now.
- Cameron and I met with Laura and Jocelyn of MyBizPPL at The Studio to discuss partnerships that would benefit both of our companies. These are some cool ladies with fabulous, creative ideas for the Hampton Roads small business market. Let me know if you need an introduction. I’ll be more than happy to set that up.
- The creative team delivered design comps to Russ at Dirty Buffalo in Norfolk, VA. These bad boys are awesome. I can’t wait to see this new website live on the Internet. Their customer base is going to be ecstatic.
- Big news! We received an signed Agreement from La Bella in Ghent in Norfolk, VA. We are now their official Creative Advertising Agency of Record. Nicole and I have been a big fan of Andrea’s cooking for many years, and now we get the privilege of working with them. Fun.
- We had a Board of Managers meeting for the Cosmopolitan Club of Norfolk on Tuesday evening. The Board met at The Reynolds’ beautiful home in West Ghent where we were served filet mignon and also desserts from Chocollage Bakery in Downtown Norfolk. With such a delicious dinner, I almost forgot that we were there to fight diabetes together.
Wednesday, April 15th
- I met with Mark and Tom of FitBox365 early Tuesday morning at Panera Bread in Chesapeake, VA to discuss branding and marketing strategies for the new venture. We are very excited to be working with this talented, experienced and intelligent team.
- We published a new social article, 5 Microsoft Excel Features You May Not Know About (http://jasegroup.com/blog/?5-microsoft-excel-features-you-may-not-know-about) on Wednesday. I sent the link out to a few of my bean-counter (and oh-so-freakin-smart) friends, but I’m sure they thought me juvenile since I’m sure they already knew about these features.
- Cameron and I had a wonderful conversation at The Studio with Deany of Executive Events in Norfolk, VA. The discovery session was perfect timing since we will be working a few joint projects. She is a very passionate and driven businesswoman and it was a pleasure to share the time with her.
- Most of you know that Nicole is an accountant, specifically she is a Manager in the Retirement Plan Services division at McPhillips, Roberts & Deans PLC in Norfolk, VA. To celebrate tax day, I met her and our friend Christie after work at Press 626 for wine and appetizers. We had so much fun at this cool little spot in Ghent.
Thursday, April 16th
- We published another social article, Office 365 Supports Up To 150 MB Email Attachments (http://jasegroup.com/blog/?office-365-supports-up-to-150-mb-email-attachments) on Thursday from the tech team. If you aren’t already subscribed with your RSS reader, make sure you don’t miss these announcements on our blog.
- Our PR Team published the press release to the media announcing our new La Bella in Ghent partnership. We received several replies and correspondences from the media push. Love it. Our public relations team is tops!
- Denise worked through several design comps for upcoming May ads for Nathan & Maurice at Nathan’s Lynnhaven Pawn Shop in Virginia Beach. Her work with Cameron each month is amazing. I anxiously look forward to seeing their new ideas when they hit my desk.
Friday, April 17th
- To follow-up on the press release publication on Thursday, we published a similar social article, We Are Excited That La Bella in Ghent Signed With JASE Group as Their Advertising Agency of Record (http://jasegroup.com/blog/?we-are-excited-that-la-bella-in-ghent-signed-with-jase-group-as-their-advertising-agency-of-record), to that audience. Thank you everyone for reading our social activities on the Internet. I’m astounded at how many loyal followers we have and how many of you actively engage with us on and offline.
- It’s Friday, right? Friday means fun-day. Kevin of Coelacanth Brewing and I went to La Bella in Ghent for lunch after he gave me a tour of the new Coelacanth brewery facility in Ghent. I can’t wait to taste his new brews when they go into production around August.
- The marketing team worked through several of our pay-per-click accounts for Nathan’s Lynnhaven Pawn Shop, Janney Insurance Agency, and Dragas Companies. Weekly maintenance and upgrades are vital to their successes.
Saturday, April 18th
- Nicole, Cassidy and I made off to South County High School in Lorton, VA on Saturday morning. We were there to cheer on Delaney’s Gildersleeve Middle School of Newport News, VA Odyssey of The Mind team competing in the State Competition. They did so well representing their region after winning the Regional Competition a few weeks ago.
Sunday, April 19th
- Proud Uncle here (pointing at my chest). Nicole and I joined the rest of our family at City Life Church in Williamsburg, VA to celebrate Cassidy’s public profession of faith and baptism. I am so very proud of this young lady and all she has accomplished personally.
- Our family had lunch Sunday afternoon at 2nd Street Cafe in Williamsburg. The best part of that–we got some quality Poppie & GCole time with Jeri. Being a grandparent is the most grounding and special feeling a person can enjoy. I think I have found my calling in life.
Our JASE Restaurants Marketing System is booming. If you’re a restaurant owner and want to know more, head over to the landing page. Or if you want to make a little money on the side, do like Matt did and refer your favorite restaurant. When they sign up, you make cash. Sweet deal.
I hope you guys have a great rest of this week. Stop in for coffee or tea at The Studio (click here for directions). I’m available any time.
Keep your chin up, your eyes bright, and your ears open–you never know when a juicy bit of knowledge will come flying at you.
Your friend in Christ,